Wednesday, September 30, 2009

10 Options for a foreign correspondent

cover 6_4Image by Fantake via Flickr
A bit of an off-beat subject, but I have to do it.
Former foreign correspondent Thomas Crampton interviewed for his weblog former foreign correspondent Eric Weiner who give an updated list of ten options for foreign correspondents. A cynical approach of a dying metier. As media operation falter left-and-right, the demise of the foreign correspondents has already started in the 1990s.
I was president of the Shanghai Foreign Correspondents' Club when Tom was doing the same job in Hong Kong. In 2003/2004 I started to investigate the position of foreign correspondents, and consequently, decided to move out of the trade. In  Weiner's terms, I have opted for number ten, although my own solution, starting a speakers' agency would be a nice number 11.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: