Thursday, March 15, 2007

The incredible Chongqing house

More pictures and stories are emerging since I posted this first picture of the amazing house in Chongqing earlier in the week. Venture 160 has done some translating here. Unlike earlier stories, this is not a protest, but the house used by the construction company:

One netizen said this wasn’t a holdout at all, it was actually the contractor’s temporary residence, there were also other netizens who supported this position.
After verification, this was determined as Chongqing city’s “Broadway” real estate construction site currently being put up in the residential quarter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have translated an interview with the homeowner here:

http://venture160.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/interview-with-chinas-most-incredible-holdout/

Anonymous said...

I am going to speak about this case in my blog, and I will use some of your pictures, hope you don't mind (if you do, contact me). I will link to your blog...