Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not relevant for the Amazon links?

Today I discovered the little new tool Amazon has put in place to let you make more money through your weblog. I know I should not use beta-tools when they are just out, but I could not resist the temptation. The first reviews were pretty raving and when you see the new system working, 'cool' would be an understatement. Here is a website where it works.
What context links does is providing you links to Amazon-products that are connected with relevant text in your weblog. Installing the little script was easy enough for me and then I waited for the things to come. And I waited, waited. Actually, nothing has happened up to now. I just assume now that I have no Amazon relevant text. So when I start to write even funnier than I did, talking about Snow White or other popular Disney figures, or about Dummies among Investors, you know I'm testing the Amazon system. Will let you know if I make money on this. But the first enthusiasm is over.
Update: I might have found an explanation. According to messages on the Amazon forum IE6 and IE7 (which I use), do not display the Amazon links: typically a beta-problem. Firefox does, but I cannot get back to Firefox easy for some technical reasons.

No comments: