Sunday, May 06, 2007

Updating my blog roll

I had today some time to synchronize my current RSS-reader with the blog roll on the left-hand side of this weblog. Divided over different sections, you'll find the online information sources I do not want to miss. Today, I mainly changed the "on-China" section, threw out in-active weblogs and weblogs that were otherwise boring. Added also a dozen or so new ones.
It is also a good opportunity to see how the number of subscriptions work out on my old RSS-reader Bloglines. I have now 190 subscribers there and - following my logic that Bloglines has about 10 per cent of the market - that would boil down to 1,900 people who are subscribed over an RSS-feed to this weblog.
Now, I'm not sure whether that number is high or low, but what I did see was that many of the weblogs I think are very good and deserve a good readership are doing unexpectedly bad on Blogline-subscribers. So, maybe I should pick up an old habit and write some reviews of weblogs that would be interesting for a bigger audience. If I have time, that is, of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are now an unbelievable number of excellent China blogs out there and I suggest you check out ChinaRedux and Jottings From the Granite Studio as those two quickly come to mind as two top notch China blogs missing from your list.

Not sure if I am violating blog etiquette by making this suggestion; I feel like it's a bit like suggesting to one of my daughter's coaches who they should be starting in a particular game.

China Herald said...

I hoped I would get some suggestion for good blogs, Dan, that is the whole purpose. There is too much going on out there and too little time to find it all myself. Will have a look at them later. Thanks.