Sunday, June 17, 2007

Next week: reports from Brasschaat


the weapon of Brasschaat

Next week the China Herald will have a temporary new feature: reports from Brasschaat, a small but well-known municipality in the Flemish part of Belgium. My annual retreat will be in this little city with roots in the middle ages and I might be following the news from China a bit, that is if they have internet access. I have been in places in Belgium where that would not be common practise like in China.
I should be recovering from the launch of our China Speakers Bureau, although the launch for tomorrow has just been delayed for a few days. Maybe this time it all goes well, but my colleagues might as well be launching it without my presence. Then internet access would be very useful, to put it mildly. But changing flights would be very costly at the last minute.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Many rich Dutch people live there. They go south to pay less taxes. Brasschaat is also the most liveable city in the world in the CATEGORY B (Population up to 75,000) http://www.livcomawards.com/media-2006/results.htm

China Herald said...

Ah, I'm Dutch but I still have to get a fiscal reason to live there, Jan. Does not sound bad otherwise.
The new-media life seems pretty bad there: I'm already ranking no.6 at Google in the combination "Brasschaat weblog". There seems to be one active weblogger: just about enough for a blogger's dinner.

Unknown said...

Look out for the extreme right guys overthere. Vlaams Belang is the most popular party with over 30% of the votes.