Monday, July 02, 2007

Working for a Chinese law firm

You thought that only migrant workers had problems in getting paid by their Chinese bosses. Well, according to this US lawyer Jeff the same happened to him when he worked for a Chinese law firm, the Zhong Lun law firm in Beijing. Unlike most migrant workers, this lawyer stared a weblog to document his complaints. That has now been discovered by one of the partners in his law firm and she is now rather angry:
I have seen your blog. You are the biggest liar I have ever seen in my life. You are seriously sick and need to see a doctor. By the way, I am not threatening you. I am going to sue you - that is exactly what I am going to do, and I will sue you for a huge amount of damages.
I'm going to watch this for a while.

3 comments:

Marc van der Chijs said...

Fons, can you post the link to this blog? Thanks, Marc

China Herald said...

The headline is linked to the weblog, you can click on that one.

Todd Platek said...

Gentlemen, This is a case study in stupidity. Suggest you also take a look at the article and corresponding comments on China Law Blog. As a U.S. lawyer with 20+ years' experience, and over 30 years in Greater China, I am amazed at the [can't think of enough relevant and appropriate adjectives, just too many to write here] behavior of that so-called American lawyer. This will be one for the case books.