Saturday, March 17, 2007

At last, Gillette gets some competition

China has not really a shaving culture, so for years I accepted I had to pay a premium for shaving product, or take enough supply from my trips abroad. Other products got beaten in endless price wars by domestic competitors, but P&G's Gillette seemed to have a free ride.
But today I should at the shelves of Carrefour this "Hengjie Paomo" shaving foam, just under the products of P&G and for eight renminbi, about one third of the Gillette product. It looks like their designers have also gotten their inspiration from Gillette.

2 comments:

China Herald said...

It's perfect!

Robert.Near said...

shaving foam in general sucks. Use a soap or cream, please. I was actually just looking into high end shaving products in Shanghai. Are there any lux barbers/spas that offer a nice shave?