Monday, March 12, 2007

Left the South China Morning Post untouched

It happened this morning. I rushed out of my Hong Kong hotel for a meeting and suddenly I saw a pile of newspapers on the sideway, including the South China Morning Post. For a former newspaper addict that sight would have triggered off the need to buy a copy, at least until recently. Even though I would not have time to read it, since I was more eager to check my email and rss-feeds, I still would have to buy a copy.
Not this time: I was like a former junk, passing his former addiction and know it is finaly over.
A bit upset with the hotel here, the Dorsett Olympic Hotel. Apart from a reasonable room rate, their website offers free internet access. Well, it actually does not say 'free', but having internet access is still not that common in the Hong Kong hotels.
So, they wanted to charge me 30 HK$ per hour! I could as well take than a virtual subscription on the South China Morning Post. Fortunately, Hong Kong is so much wired up that I have access to half a dozen free wifi-connections. Thank you, neighbors.

No comments: