Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today: a Red Herring day


Vincent Lo

Five o'clock this morning rang the phone. A PR-officer of Red Herring on the line who wanted to invite me for their Wireless Conference May 28-30 in Beijing. Very kind of course, but why at five in the morning? Obvious the concept of time zones is still hard to grasp for some people.
Anyway, I just found the invitation in my email box and the meeting looks quite OK to me.

Red Herring Wireless will feature keynote speeches from industry leaders, roundtable discussions led by CEOs of emerging firms and corporate presentations from CEOs of private technology companies. Notable presenters include Hamadoun Toure, General Secretary of ITU; Dr. Zhengmao Li, Vice President of China Unicom; Won Jin Park, Managing Director of Strategic Planning Division at KTF; Frank Meng, President of Qualcomm Greater China; Zeming Yang of China Academy of Telecom Research; Juergen Stark, Corporate Vice President (Mobile Devices) of Motorola and Andy Tian of Strategic Partnership Development at Google, Inc.
So, rest of the day I have to think on what media might be interested in giving me the assignment to go to this event. I have a few lines to Dutch media, but need a bit more. Have to cover my costs too. If you have a good idea, do not hide it for me.
This evening I will attend a private by the Red Herring together with Vincent Lo, Chairman of the Shui On Group, and Alex Viex, CEO and publisher of the Red Herring, who will also open a high-tech section of Xintiandi. More about that possibly this evening.

No comments: