Thursday, June 07, 2007

Where do you lose your mobile?

Amazing statistics from the Brits. Annually they flush 855,00 mobiles down the toilet. In total they lose 4.5 million mobiles, roughly worth five billion Renminbi or 500 million Euro. Second best is the bar, where they lose 810,000 handsets and third the taxi, good for 315,000, ahead of the bus (225,000) An additional 58,500 are damaged by chewing dogs and 116,000 did not survive the washing machine.
Now the number of mobiles in China is roughly ten times that in the UK (50 vs 500 million), so in absolute number I'm sure Chinese are dropping more mobiles in the toilets. I lost myself two handsets in taxi's and I think that would be one of the highest scorers in China. People tend to be much closer to their handset, and I expect not so many to end up in washing machines.
Where do you lose your mobile?

1 comment:

Jeff Rigsby said...

Interesting... I didn't exactly "lose" my mobile in the washing machine, but it stopped working after I finished the load.