Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"China on TV" hits my screen

Nobody bothered to tell me, but since a few weeks we have a new English-language TV-channel about China on the internet: Chinaontv. This US-based initiative is a second, next to Tokyo-based ITV-Asia. (Disclosure: I'm currently discussing possible cooperation with ITV-Asia).
Compared to ITV-Asia Chinaontv seems to have a technically much more sophisticated operation. People who know me will realize that especially their RSS-page caught my attention: this is state of the art.
Both operations have their drawbacks: ITV-Asia seems more a podcast where the image does not add any value. Chinaontv has cute women readings texts in a professional TV-studio setting. Unfortunately, what they say is mostly no news and often outright boring: "Trade with France Up".
Both initiatives I cannot study very well, since in both bases playing the video's takes too much time. They might have to set up operations in China to solve those technical problems, exposing them to the regulatory drawbacks of China.

1 comment:

Marc van der Chijs said...

ChinaonTV has a production office & studio in Shanghai, I visited them a couple of weeks ago. If you want I can get you in touch with them (don't have my biz cards here, but can send it to you when I am back in Shanghai).